Tuesday, July 17, 2012

fixer-up-ers

A couple of summer projects we're working on:



That was what Georgie's neck looked like a few months ago.  Last week a high tech team of scientists and surgeons gave her a new bionic neck.  I'm trying to stop myself from making the bionic man noise in my head every time she moves.  It's tougher than you think.

Apparently if you are 5 years old and incredibly cute you can look at a woman in a neck brace and call her "robot neck" and even make up a song about her "robot neck" without making her angry. 

If you are 40 and not so cute....this is not a good idea.



Blue and I rescued this old church pew from a junk store a couple of weeks ago.  I made a few adjustments, stripped the old finish off and gave it a fresh coat of stain.  It's a beauty.  It's also very heavy...especially when your wife can't help you carry anything.



...And.....in my quest to remain at least 2 years behind technology, I was recently introduced to Instagram.  I think it's connected to Facebook somehow and since I abhor Facebook, I sorta missed the memo on it.  I still do not have a Facebook and hope I never will, but I am on Instagram now as dougmcabee. 

No comments: