Tuesday, February 21, 2012

the lent drawings

Today is Fat Tuesday.  We cut loose with a trip to the Mexican restaurant.  No beads, no costumes and the only music this year was Blue and Violet singing “I don’t got a belly button” with the Veggietales gang. 

Something else I didn’t do today – draw.

I figure if Fat Tuesday is about loading up on excess so you can fast for 40 days then not drawing today is in keeping with that tradition.


My ridiculous Lent plan this year is to complete a drawing every day for the 40+ days until Easter.  I know this is not how Lent really works for the devout faster but go back and read about my previous Lent experiments before you judge me. 


You may be wondering, “How is he going to pull this off?”  I am wondering the same thing.  I have no idea.  I figure that is part of the challenge that will keep me on my toes.  I’ve created the challenge for myself and set up the parameters.  The new daily rule will either force me to engage in creative thought or to fail miserably.  While I don’t know exactly what to expect, I think that this may be a good thing for the development of imagery and perhaps even finding a new direction to pursue. 


So I’ll do a complete drawing each day.  Not sure yet if I’ll take Sundays off.  The drawings may be on anything with anything.  I’ll take a photo of each one for proof and I’ll try to post them here so you can keep me honest.  Just know that I’m not into daily blog posting….so be patient.  I’m setting no expectations for the type of imagery.  The drawings need not follow my current themes and may or may not end up in color.  Any size, any media, anytime, and anywhere.

Wish me luck, I know I’ll need it.

1 comment:

Java said...

Good plan. Good luck.