Friday, March 11, 2011

a social moth

If you know me.....you know I'm not exactly a social butterfly.
I think I'm getting a little better though. This week I had two social events to attend.

And if you know me....you do not believe I went to two social events in the same week - or the same year. But it's true:



Nena talks with her hands as Aaron contemplates the bucket of kitty litter.




About the kitty litter...I promised free candy to all persons willing to come to the closing reception. Not my kids' leftovers from Halloween or Christmas or even Valentines day. I got the good stuff. As I looked for a container someone suggested I use one of the many Tidy Cats buckets that Dr. Pitts has donated to the sculpture area. It was a great idea.




I spoke to every single one of those people in that photo. Honest.




And there's Dr. Pitts peering through a pony tail.




This is jon. jon is a professional photographer. This is jon's professional photographer face. jon also likes to knit sweaters for his pets.



You can tell jon is a professional photographer because he carries a bipod with him at all times. You never know when the perfect photo moment will develop.



And then there was Mardi Gras. This was a fundraiser event put on by the local hospital and not only did I attend...........I wore a suit. Yes, a suit.
I wore goofy shoes but the suit was a legitimate suit. Back there on the stage is the Dukes of Dixieland band belting out appropriate jazz tunes.

Some sort of conga line broke out with glittery umbrellas. There was a man in a frog suit. It was a very confusing time for me.

Georgie made me go. She would want you to know she did not approve of my shoes.


And of course we had to celebrate with Blue when we got home.

No comments: