Monday, June 17, 2013

summer things

First of all, thank you to everyone who came to the open studio sale and to those who made long distance purchases.  The sale was a success and if you didn't get to come to this one, there's a good chance I'll have another one early next summer.  Some suggested having one right before Christmas....but I'm not sure if I'll have time to do that.  I'll keep you posted.

If you didn't make it in person, there were free buttons.  If you're nice, I'll save you one.




While we were at the beach we made our annual visit with Logan.  Logan is a former student from Winthrop and I got to know him well during his four years in undergrad.  He lives in Conway so we get to check in on him from time to time while we are at the beach.  This was the first time we'd been able to visit his home studio.  That's his anvil in his outdoor workspace.


He's got a great spot of land and a great place to work.  I'm not sure if this thing works, but even if it doesn't, just think of all the cool things you could make out of the parts.  


This large building reminds me of my dad's workshops when I was a kid.  We had a few of these same types of buildings with stuff piled all around the walls.  The smells were so familiar.  


Not only was I a bit envious of the large building, I was also envious of Logan's collection of hammers.  

His website is www.loganwoodle.com.  Go there and commission him to make you something cool.

No comments: