Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm OK.

I'm not superstitious.

So when the thirteenth day of the month happens to fall on a Friday my life is typically unaffected. I do not tiptoe through the day apprehensive or looking around with extra sensitive eyes for potential dangers. It's just a Friday and Friday's are usually pretty good.

This past Friday was also a 13th and though I had already been alerted to this fact a couple of days earlier, as I was driving to work around 5am it was not one of the things on my mind.

That is until the black cat streaked across the asphalt right in front of me.

No really. Black furry blur, brakes, adrenaline.

But again, I'm not superstitious. Any other day it's just a cat who needed to cross the street. But I'll admit the black cat coupled with Friday the 13th did catch my attention. I may or may not have been a little more careful driving the rest of the day. I may or may not have looked over my shoulder once or twice. I may or may not have avoided ladders and mirrors and cracks in the sidewalk.

And I may or may not have waited until the following day to mention it to you. You know, just to be safe.

No comments: