Monday, July 15, 2013

news! ...or, it's not you, it's me

Each January, summer appears on the horizon as a tiny blip.  A blip that promises that ever elusive "leisure time".  When summer finally arrives, there's a blur of activity and when I look up it's August and time to go back to school.  

There are trips and vacations and cool things, yes...but most of my time gets consumed by the boring, daily tasks that never seem to go away.  Don't get me started on the amount of grass I cut each week.  So instead of boring you with the details, let's just get to the art news.

This morning Blue and I delivered two drawings that got into the 1st Annual Juried Exhibition at the Spartanburg County Public Library main branch.  The exhibit runs August 5 - September 27 and was juried by Will South, Chief Curator for the Columbia Museum of Art.  The reception will be held on August 24.  Below are the two drawings I have in the show:

 "Dog" 24" x 36" ink on wood panel

 "The Green Grabber" 12" x 24" ink on wood panel

A couple of weeks ago I shipped a box crammed full of art across the country to a gallery in Seattle, Washington.  The gallery is called Alqvimia Tribe Care and is located at 2805 43rd Avenue West, Seattle, WA.  I sent a few sculptures and a few drawings for an exhibit that will open on August 10.  If you're nearby or know someone who is, please let them know and ask them to buy everything!  This is one is in the exhibit:

 "How About A Waffle?" 12" x 24" ink on wood panel

And I recently learned I got into the 2013 South Carolina Biennial Exhibit at 701 Center for Contemporary Art in Columbia, SC. 

The Biennial will take place in two parts this fall with Part I being held Sept 5 - Oct 20 and Part II being held Nov 7 - Dec 22.  I'm not sure yet which dates I'll be in but I'm thrilled to be listed among so many artists I love and respect.  

No comments: