Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Citizens of Whoville:


I am a Bearcat.


A couple of months ago I said goodbye to Winthrop. I did the Highway 5/I-85 trek one last time and began preparing for my new job as Assistant Professor of Art at Lander University where I’ll be teaching Sculpture, 3D Design, and Ceramics.


In August I’ll be joining forces with legendary Art History Professor Tom Pitts, Graphic Design Guru Jim Slagle, renowned Photographer Jon Holloway (www.jonholloway.com), Art Education Extraordinaire Linda Neely, and fellow newcomer painter and printmaker Jennifer Stoneking-Stewart (www.stoneking-stewart.com). This is a lively and energetic bunch and this academic year looks to be an exciting one. Lots of new things are in the works and it’s going to be fun year.

So if you’re looking for a strong Art program or if you’re looking for an MAT degree or if you just happen to be cruising through Greenwood, stop by and see what we’re doing.

3 comments:

Carlee L. said...

Whoa. Whoa. I did not know that you were leaving. Not that you were ever really 'here' but at least you visited. Will you still visit for occasional shows and such?

e-sketchbook said...

I will still visit. There are lots of cool people in Rock Hill I'll need to keep tabs on.

Brooke said...

Congrats on the new gig! See if you can control the road rage ...assuming you'll be on 26, so be careful out there!